Version 5.9, July 22, 2020
- gsqlcmd supports nullable columns in the /keys option of the merge and update operations.
Version 5.8, June 30, 2020
- The registration wizard is available in German.
- gsqlcmd raises NullReferenceException in the make mode on empty CSV files and target tables with IDENTITY columns.
- The registration wizard raises NullReferenceException.
Version 5.7, May 5, 2020
- gsqlcmd uses connection::file as a task instead of a source query in the import mode.
Version 5.6, February 28, 2020
- Improved registration wizard
- Improved activation in a virtual environment
- Updated Snowflake .NET Provider
Version 5.5, January 17, 2020
Gartle Technology Corporation changed its name to Gartle LLC.
- Updated EULA
- Updated samples
- Updated registration wizard
Version 5.4, October 17, 2019
- gsqlcmd includes a free DBSetup.exe tool that allows installing, uninstalling, and updating database samples and frameworks.
- gsqlcmd skips executing the current script if it raises an exception or returns a single cell with a message that starts with 'skip' or ends with 'skipped' words.
- gsqlcmd stops executing current scripts if the script raises an exception or returns a single cell with a message that starts with 'fail' or ends with 'failed' words.
It executes rollback if the query has a transaction.
- gsqlcmd does not use transactions for single SELECT commands.
- gsqlcmd removes the [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server] substring from error messages.
- Online samples for SQL Server moved to a new faster server, mssql.savetodb.com.
We will remove all samples at savetodb.database.windows.net soon.
Version 5.3, September 17, 2019
- gsqlcmd uses /set and /add values in make and import modes.
- gsqlcmd replaces empty output column names with names like F1, F2, and so on.
- Converting NULL values to empty strings in CSV export
- Converting NULL values in JSON export
- Synchronizing errors when the source and target tables have fields with different NULL/NOT NULL attributes and default values
- Synchronizing with inline queries like "connection::SELECT * FROM ..."
Version 5.2, August 13, 2019
- New get-token and refresh-token modes used to acquire and refresh OAuth2 tokens
- New OAuth options
- New /options option that allows loading command-line options from JSON and text files
- New /echoPostData option
- Tasks can contain the postData column used as the /postData option.
gsqlcmd expands parameters in the POST data.
- gsqlcmd allows using options with underscore symbols as synonyms.
For example, /client_id is a synonym of /clientId.
Version 5.1, July 19, 2019
- gsqlcmd acquired features of the gwebcmd (WEB.CSV) utility.
gwebcmd customers that have the upgrade warranty may get gsqlcmd 5.x for free.
- gsqlcmd has a new Standard edition.
See Edition Comparison for details.
- The trial period starts when activated but not when installed.
- The free edition does not require registration.
- The free edition has changed limitations.
- A lot of new modes, including import, make, convert, download, and get-schema
- A lot of new options
- New synonyms of command-line modes including extremely useful select and show
- New command-line functions
- New application settings
- Tasks from a database using <connection>::<query>
- Input data from a database using <connection>::<query>
- Output to XML and JSON
- New usage examples in the download package:
- Downloading and converting to CSV
- Downloading and importing into DB
- Feature Examples
- Sync Databases
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- A lot of minor improvements
- Improved documentation including new Using gsqlcmd and Reference sections
- Support of Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server
- Support of Progress DataDirect data connectors
- Updated providers and supported versions of
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, IBM DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NuoDB, SQLite
- Support of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
Version 5.0, February 7, 2019
In this article