gsqlcmd allows easily executing the following tasks:
- Executing SQL queries and scripts with parameters.
- Exporting database data into CSV, HTML, and text.
- Preparing configuration files for importing CSV files into databases.
- Generating INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and MERGE commands for CSV files.
- Importing CSV files into databases.
This one tool can replace sqlcmd, bcp, sqlplus, db2, and mysql in the most scenarios with additional benefits.
It allows getting results with fewer efforts and for all major database platforms in the same way.
|Features available on all supported database platforms|
|Executing SQL queries and scripts with parameters||✓||✓||✓|
|Exporting data into CSV, HTML, and text||✓||✓||✓|
|Exporting and importing files using /toFiles and /fromFiles options||50 files||✓||✓|
|Generating CREATE TABLE statements for importing CSV files||✓||✓||✓|
|Generating INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE commands for CSV files||50 rows||✓||✓|
|Generating SQL commands using SQL templates for CSV files||50 rows||✓||✓|
|Generating execute stored procedure commands for CSV files||50 rows||✓||✓|
|Generating schema.ini for importing CSV files using ODBC||✓||✓||✓|
|Using named connection strings, opened and encrypted||✓||✓||✓|
|Supported database servers:|
SQL Server, SQL Server Compact, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, NuoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite
|Features specific to Microsoft SQL Server|
|Generating format files and SQL codes for OPENROWSET(BULK...)||✓||✓||✓|
|Generating SQL codes for OPENROWSET using MICROSOFT.ACE.OLEDB.12.0||✓||✓||✓|
Trial Version Limitations
You can use gsqlcmd Enterprise during a 15-day trial period for free.
You have to activate the trial.
When the trial period has expired, you have the following options:
- To register the gsqlcmd Free edition for free.
- To purchase a license and register the gsqlcmd Personal or Enterprise edition.
- To purchase a subscription and register the gsqlcmd Personal or Enterprise edition.
- To stop the use and remove gsqlcmd from a computer.